- Specialized Training: Canadian Association for Play Therapy (CAPTTM) members receive a substantial discount at all CAPT sponsored conferences, workshops and other events.
- CAPT Foundation Play Therapy Training offers individual days of unique training in the theory and practice of play therapy. Students can complete the 180 hours of continuing education credits at a pace and time that they choose. The 180 hours are one of the steps needed to become a Certified Play Therapist. The program instructors are professional skilled play therapists who bring expertise on a wide variety of topics. Members receive a discounted rate.
- Publications: CAPT members receive the Association’s periodicals as a membership benefit.
- Discounts: CAPT is involved in arrangements with some organizations to provide discounts to Association Members.
The Canadian Association for Play Therapy is the professional organization for those interested in Child Psychotherapy, Play Therapy and Counselling with children. CAPT performs many important functions for its members including:
- Professional Standards: CAPT sets high professional standards for clinical practice. These standards help to ensure that skilled and effective therapy is available throughout the community. CAPT has a code of professional ethics to which each member must adhere. Policies and Procedures are in place to govern CAPT and guide professional and ethical practices.
- Specialized Training: CAPT sets standards of education and training for professional therapist as well as establishing programs of continuing education and training. CAPT examines and accredits programs and training centers in Play Therapy. CAPT has established a Play Therapy Certificate Program, that is an intensive program, in order to meet our members’ needs. Information is available upon request. Bursaries are available for the CAPT Play Therapy Certificate Program. Information available upon request.
- Professional Publications: The Association periodicals are published to advance the professional understanding of Play Therapy. Articles are published on clinical practice, research and theory in Child and Play Therapy. CAPT members receive these periodicals as a membership benefit. This includes access to the International Journal of Play Therapy (IJPT) during your membership.
**New Members who join after October 1, 2023 will receive 15 months for the price of 12 (membership runs through December 31, 2024)