CAPT Foundation Play Therapy Training
The CAPTTM Foundation Play Therapy Training offers individual days of unique training in the theory and practice of play therapy. Students can complete the 180 hours of continuing education credits at a pace and time that they choose. The 180 hours are one of the steps needed to Become a Certified Play Therapist. The program instructors are professional skilled play therapists who bring expertise on a wide variety of topics.
CAPT Committees and Board of Directors have acted responsibly and made some significant changes to how we do business. These changes will pertain to 2023 for now and from there, a determination about future offerings will be examined and presented.
If you are using these training days as credits toward Certification as a Play Therapist, you must remain in the CAPT system and not move to another comprehensive program in Canada throughout. If, however, you choose to start your training with another Approved Provider of Foundation Play Therapy in Canada, you would be required to remain with that provider throughout.
Frequently Asked Questions
All the Play Therapy Foundation Training days are presented at a post-master’s level. Therefore, it is important that you enter each of these days equipped with the background to fully understand the advanced concepts that will be presented.
Clinical experience in child psychotherapy and play therapy is not a requirement to enter the Play Therapy Foundation Training days but will aid in your level of understanding of the materials that will be presented each day.
Although a Master’s degree is not mandatory to take this training, some college or university course(s) or postgraduate training workshops you have completed will help in your understanding of the concepts presented in this training. The following courses, or similar ones, would be helpful:
- General Concepts and Principles of Child Development: biological, psychological, and social development
- Child and Adolescent Behavioural Disorders/Psychopathology: abnormal child psychology
- Theories of Personality: understanding of personality development
In order to become fully Certified as a Play Therapist, you must have these courses as part of the Education requirements.
- Offered live on-line each day from 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m Eastern Time, with ½ hour for lunch and two 15 minutes breaks.
- Nothing will change in this teaching. You will receive real time instruction of the same calibre as previously advertised.
- The training will include the ability to ask questions, to dialogue and to break out into separate rooms for group work, sharing and discussion.
- The training platform is 256 end-to-end encrypted and is presented under the Personal Health Information Protection Act Guidelines, allowing the instructor to present cases while adhering to privacy.
- Instruction will be taught by our regular high quality and fully experienced CAPT Play Therapy instructors.
- The Foundation Play Therapy Credit Guidelines previously allowed as being 25% on-line and 75% in person training have been waived temporarily and all Foundation Training will be accepted for full credits starting immediately.
- The learning platform will allow for daily quizzes, polls and evaluations.
- This training WILL NOT be recorded for future viewing.
- Fees will be will be posted as soon as possible. Applicable provincial taxes will apply.
- Taxation will be according to the province you reside. If, for some reason, the system charges you the wrong taxation, you will receive a refund. This is being closely monitored.
- Those who are situated in remote areas will have the opportunity to attend this training without the extra expense of travel and accommodations.
Registration for the individual days of training from the selection of 23 one- or two-day courses will be available soon.
The training platform is 256 end-to-end encrypted and is presented under the Personal Health Information Protection Act Guidelines, allowing the instructor to present cases while adhering to privacy.
There will be an orientation system posted on-line for all to review on how to use the Learning Management System.
Registration for the individual days of training from the selection of 23 one or two days will be open soon
For more information on technical content within these courses, please contact the Education Committee Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on applying for the training, please contact, Elizabeth Sharpe at email@example.com.
CAPT CANCELLATION POLICY:
You may cancel training in writing under the following conditions:
- Cancellations must be received up to and including 30 days before the start of each two-week training
- Cancellations must be received up to and including 15 days before the start of each two-week training to be offered a credit less 50% of the registration fee.
- No refunds or credits will be issued on cancellation requests received after the start of each two-week training except under special circumstances as approved by the CAPT Education Committee.
For More Information please contact Kip Sharpe: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Education Committee of CAPT will consider exempting students from specific course credits through Prior Learning Assessment under certain circumstances. The exemptions will support the Foundation Training Requirements for CAPT Certification as a Certified Play Therapist or Certified Play Therapy Intern as per the CAPT Certification Standards. Applications are considered on a case-by-case basis. Results of the review of your material will be provided to you in writing.
- Training Date(s):May 10, 2024View Course Details
- Training Date(s):May 14 & 15, 2024Number of Training Days:2 daysView Course Details
- Training Date(s):May 16, 2024View Course Details
- Training Date(s):June 12, 2024View Course Details
- Training Date(s):June 13 & 14 , 2024Number of Training Days:2 DaysView Course Details
- Training Date(s):June 17, 2024View Course Details
- Training Date(s):June 19, 2024View Course Details
- Training Date(s):August 5 & 6, 2024Number of Training Days:2 DaysView Course Details
- Training Date(s):August 12 & 13, 2024Number of Training Days:2 DaysView Course Details
- Training Date(s):August 16, 2024View Course Details