Art Therapy in a Play Therapy Setting
This one-day course will provide an overview of art therapy and show how art can be used as a therapeutic tool with all ages.
Art Therapy is integral to play therapy theory and associated models, enhancing a deeper understanding of the client’s core issues.
Art Therapy is a therapeutic process that uses art as an intervention to effectively work with children, teens, and adults to address numerous issues. Art Therapy can be utilized with individuals, groups, couples or families within private practice, hospitals, schools, centres, outreach, outpatient, etc.
- Expand the repertoire of art techniques for the play therapist
- Define the impact of symbol and metaphor on the brain
- Determine when and how to use art techniques as an integral play therapy tool
- Appropriately apply the colour emotional chart for various age groups
- Apply the results of the colour emotional chart to create an Emotional Assessment package
- Design art techniques for an existing clients