Family Play Therapy
Family play therapy has been growing in the use as clinicians discover that play can be universally used with all ages. Through family therapy, the power of the system is able to be harnessed along with the power of play to create an amazing process of learning and change. This course will help lay the foundation for understanding why family play therapy is effective and how to make sessions with families engaging and effective.
- Understand why systems thinking is important in working with mental health challenges of children
- Be able to utilize a wide number of play therapy activities/techniques/strategies
- Be able to introduce use of play with a family
- Adapt games for use in family interventions
- Utilize activities and play to respond to resistance or issues preventing growth or change